Your salsa looks absolutely delicious! With some tortilla chips or on top of a quesadilla, yummy!
Going along the TexMex theme, I made a 7-layer dip a couple weekends ago, when we had some friends over for board games. This is my absolute go to dip, whenever I want something quick, simple and substantial that is sure to please everyone. It’s vegetarian, it’s got a tiny bit of spicy zing, creamy guacamole and beans to make it filling. Essentially, tortilla chips’ best friend:)
7 Layer Dip
Serves 12 hungry people as an appetizer to share
- 1 8oz can refried beans
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 chili pepper
- Handful cilantro
- 2 lemons’ juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp paprika(smokey)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 10 cherry tomatoes (chopped and drained)
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- Tortilla chips for serving
1. In a 20 cm serving dish, spread refried beans evenly around the base
2. In a small food processor, add the onion, chili pepper, garlic, cilantro and lemon juice. Process until chunky paste forms. Add avocados, process until you get a creamy guacamole with some chunks.
Spread on top of the bean layer, again evenly.
3. Mix paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt into the sour cream.
Spread into even layer on top of guacamole.
4. Sprinkle generously with cheddar. To cover sour cream layer completely.
5. Sprinkle with chopped cherry tomatoes, then with spring onion, and finish with olive rings. Refrigerate until ready to serve, and devour with tortilla chips.